Arm day is probably the most fun I’ll have working out during the week. It involves lots of different, challenging movements that really get your blood flowing. Many lifters tend to dismiss a day exclusively for arms since they are common to the guys who “lift for the ladies” or those who lack a good foundation, but I think well-developed arms are important to heavy lifting. Be sure to warm up properly and have a spotter nearby before starting, and concentrate on proper form during each set.
- 5×10 Random Straight-Bar Cable Pushdowns
- Grab a partner for this one, particularly one who wants to push you. Have your partner set the weight to a random amount (within your possible range) and alternate sets. Use this exercise to warm up for the rest.
- 4×10 Preacher Curls
- Free-weight curls tend to give me a lot of wrist nerve pain, so I like to do these on a built-in bar on the edge of the bench. You can also do these with an EZ-Bar off of the edge of the bench.
- 4×8 EZ-Bar Skullcrushers
- Keep your elbows straight on these and go as low as possible.
- 4×12 Hammer Curls
- I like to take the hammer curl motion all the way across my body in order to fill out the lower bicep. Try to go as heavy as possible on these and really focus on sweeping the dumbell across your midsection.
- 4×10 Standing Dumbell Tricep Extension
- One of my personal favorite movements, these work your lats as well as triceps.
- 4xFail T-Curls
- A bicep excercise from powerlifter CT Fletcher. These are a great way to finish your arm day workout as it will tax every part of your arm.
Be sure to use proper form and exercise caution throughout the entire workout.